Welcome! The creative studio is an on going work in progress about the process of creating.

Friday, January 27, 2012

New York Impressions Four -Museums - James Rosenquist


Wow! I had a rare treat yesterday. While I was at the MOMA,  I walked into a small room filled with wall to wall paintings by  pop artist James Rosenquest. He was there being interviewed for an art magazine.  The article is suppose to be posted online next week.  I will post a link to it once I find it.  I had a wonderful opportunity to ask him some questions and he was very gracious.

"F-111" is 86 feet long and wraps around four walls and is extremely powerful to be immersed in these images.

 Some details:




The interviewer asked Mr. Rosenquest about the spaghetti, and his response was that he found "spaghetti to be very sexy."


Studies for F-111:

 To learn more about this artist,  you can visit his web-site http://www.jimrosenquist-artist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment